Re: Big number of connections

От Moreno Andreo
Тема Re: Big number of connections
Дата
Re: Big number of connections
Список pgsql-performance
Il 04/04/2016 15:33, Pavel Stehule ha scritto:

> PostgreSQL doesn't contain integrated pooler - so any connection to
> Postgres enforces one PostgreSQL proces. A performance benchmarks is
> showing maximum performance about 10x cores.  With high number of
> connections you have to use low size of work_mem, what enforces can
> have negative impact on performance too. Too high number of active
> PostgreSQL processes increase a risk of performance problems with spin
> locks, etc.

:-O
I wasn't absolutely aware of this thing... is there a way to monitor
active connections, or at least to report when they grow too much?
(say, I have an 8-core system and want to track down if, and when,
active connections grow over 80)

Thanks
Moreno.-

Сообщение: Re: Big number of connections
Сообщение: Re: Big number of connections