Re: change password_encryption default to scram-sha-256?

От Jonathan S. Katz
Тема Re: change password_encryption default to scram-sha-256?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 4/8/19 6:10 PM, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:

>>> No clue, but it appears that first one is the newer of the two[1][2]
>>>
>>> I'd be happy to consolidate them and provide a forwarding reference from
>>> Client Libraries to List of Drivers, given I think we reference "List of
>>> Drivers" in other places.
>>
>> There are two links to List of drivers, and one of them is in Client
>> Libraries :-)
>> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Special:WhatLinksHere/Client_Libraries
>>
>> +1 for consolidation and setting up a redirect.
>
> OK, so trying to not be too off topic, I did update the original page as so:
>
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/List_of_drivers
>
> That said, I am still in favor of the PG13 plan, and without objection I
> would like to reach out to the driver authors in the "no" category,
> reference this thread, and that this is at least discussed, if not
> decided upon, and they should considering adding support for SCRAM to
> allow adequate testing time as well as time for their drivers to make it
> into appropriate packaging systems.

OK so a small update, going through the list[1]:

- The golang drivers all now support SCRAM
- I've reached out to the remaining two driver projects on the list to
make them aware of this thread and the timeline discussion, and to offer
any help where needed in adding SCRAM support.

Jonathan

[1]https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/List_of_drivers

Вложения