Re: Speed up Clog Access by increasing CLOG buffers

От Jesper Pedersen
Тема Re: Speed up Clog Access by increasing CLOG buffers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 03/31/2016 06:21 PM, Andres Freund wrote:
> On March 31, 2016 11:13:46 PM GMT+02:00, Jesper Pedersen <jesper.pedersen@redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> I can do a USE_CONTENT_LOCK run on 0003 if it is something for 9.6.
>
> Yes please. I think the lock variant is realistic, the lockless did isn't.

I have done a run with -M prepared on unlogged running 10min per data
point, up to 300 connections. Using data + wal on HDD.

I'm not seeing a difference between with and without USE_CONTENT_LOCK --
all points are within +/- 0.5%.

Let me know if there are other tests I can perform.

Best regards, Jesper