Re: Multimaster

От Moreno Andreo
Тема Re: Multimaster
Дата
Re: Multimaster  (Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Il 01/04/2016 17:22, Joshua D. Drake ha scritto:
> On 04/01/2016 04:50 AM, Konstantin Knizhnik wrote:
>
>> There are also some minor technical issues which lead us to making few
>> changes in pglogical code but we tried to do our best to keep original
>> versions unchanged, so we can switch to public version in future.
>
> It seems the better solution for all of this would be for BDR and this
> project to come together as a community project to get multimaster for
> PostgreSQL. Otherwise we are going to end up with the same situation
> we had before Pg had master-slave replication.
>
> JD

I'd like to post my use case, hoping it could be of any interest.
We are giving a cloud service, based on our professional application,
hosting databases on our server and replicating them to every site the
users register with.
Every user have (for now) a unique database to keep in sync.
Users write on their local database and data is replicated with the
server via a background process running while user is connected.
Actually we have to improve what our replicator is doing: it's only
replicating the single user's database. The improvement should that we
can put it on the "server" (in some cases there are groups of users
sharing a dedicated server) and, given a configuration of what and how
to replicate, it should replicate more than one DB a time.
Actually, it's a stand-alone program, but what we'd like would be
something more integrated in PostgreSQL, so where PostgreSQL can run
(everywhere!), so can it.
We were beginning to "translate" (and then improve) this program in c#,
when I bumped into articles pointing to BDR, and I started taking a
look. But it seems that is good to replicahe whole servers, and still
hasn't the granularity we need.

My 2 cent...

Cheers,
Moreno.

От: kovert@omniscient.com
Сообщение: instead of triggers refreshing materialized views
От: Brahim EL ALLIOUI
Сообщение: how to regenerate pg_control file ?