Re: Big number of connections

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Big number of connections
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

On 03/31/2016 03:12 PM, Igor Neyman wrote:
> [...]
Eachuser will have his own account, for authorization we will use Kerberos (MIT or Windows).
> Most of users will have low activity, but for various reasons, connection should be open all the time.
> I'd like to know what potential problems and limitations we can expect with such deployment.
>     During preliminary testing we have found that for each connection we need ~1MB RAM. Is there any way to decrease
this? Is there any risk, that such number of users will degrade performance ?
>     I'll be happy to hear any remarks and suggestions related to design, administration and handling of such
installation.

> best regards
> Jarek

> Take a look at PgBouncer.
> It should solve your problems.

If they are going to keep the client connections open, they would need
to run pgbouncer in statement or transaction mode.

cheers

andrew

От: Igor Neyman
Сообщение: Re: Big number of connections
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Big number of connections