Re: RLS on catalog tables would be helpful

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: RLS on catalog tables would be helpful
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 03/02/2016 11:29 AM, Alan Droege wrote:
> I have removed SELECT rights from the pg_proc.prosrc column so that
> I can hide the source code of stored functions.  This is working OK,
> however I would really like to just hide certain functions via RLS.
> I understand that great damage could be done to the system catalog by
> allowing users to mess with them, however  RLS seems to be a great
> idea in this case.
>
> Has this been thought about?  Any plans to change in the future?

It has been discussed at some length and there is a specific
implementation patch that has been proposed. See:

http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CA+Tgmoa=4vTi1Hb1HTA0+QbZLOjkpJBd5dKVw3zmP-kdWJER3w@mail.gmail.com#CA+Tgmoa=4vTi1Hb1HTA0+QbZLOjkpJBd5dKVw3zmP-kdWJER3w@mail.gmail.com

It would be good for you to add your thoughts on your use case and
specific functionality you would require to that thread.

Joe

--
Crunchy Data - http://crunchydata.com

Вложения