Re: [SPAM] Re: autovacuum disk IO

От: Moreno Andreo
Тема: Re: [SPAM] Re: autovacuum disk IO
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

autovacuum disk IO  (Artem Tomyuk, )
 Re: autovacuum disk IO  (Pavel Stehule, )
 Re: autovacuum disk IO  (Scott Marlowe, )
  Re: autovacuum disk IO  (Scott Marlowe, )
   Re: [SPAM] Re: autovacuum disk IO  (Moreno Andreo, )
    Re: [SPAM] Re: autovacuum disk IO  (Scott Marlowe, )
     Re: [SPAM] Re: autovacuum disk IO  (Alvaro Herrera, )
      Re: [SPAM] Re: autovacuum disk IO  (Moreno Andreo, )
 Re: [ADMIN] autovacuum disk IO  (Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais, )

Il 02/03/2016 19:40, Alvaro Herrera ha scritto:
> Scott Marlowe wrote:
>> On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 9:11 AM, Moreno Andreo <> wrote:
>>> ... or maybe add some more RAM to have more disk caching (if you're on
>>> *nix).... this worked for me in the past... even if IMHO it's more a
>>> temporary "patch" while upgrading (if it can't be done in a hurry) than a
>>> real solution...
>> Oh yeah, definitely worth looking at. But RAM can't speed up writes,
>> just reads, so it's very workload dependent. If you're IO subsystem is
>> maxing out on writes, faster drives / IO. If it's maxing out on reads,
>> more memory. But if your dataset is much bigger than memory (say 64GB
>> RAM and a 1TB data store) then more RAM isn't going to be the answer.
> In the particular case of autovacuum, it may be helpful to create a
> "ramdisk" and put the stats temp file in it.

Definitely. I my new server (as I've been taught here :-) ) I'm going to
put stats in a ramdisk and pg_xlog in another partition.

От: Moreno Andreo
Сообщение: Re: [SPAM] Re: autovacuum disk IO
От: Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais
Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] autovacuum disk IO