Re: [REVIEW]: Password identifiers, protocol aging and SCRAM protocol

От Valery Popov
Тема Re: [REVIEW]: Password identifiers, protocol aging and SCRAM protocol
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi, Michael

>>> The theme with password checking is interesting for me, and I can give
>>> review for CF for some features.
>>> I think that review of all suggested features will require a lot of
>>> time.
>>> Is it possible to make subset of patches concerning only password
>>> strength
>>> and its aging?
>>> The patches you have applied are non-independent. They should be apply
>>> consequentially one by one.
>>> Thus the patch 0009 can't be applied without git error  before 0001.
>>> In this conditions all patches were successfully applied and compiled.
>>> All tests successfully passed.
>> If you want to focus on the password protocol aging, you could just
>> have a look at 0001~0004.
> OK, I will review patches 0001-0004, for starting.

Below are the results of compiling and testing.
============================
I've got the last version of sources from
git://git.postgresql.org/git/postgresql.git.

vpopov@vpopov-Ubuntu:~/Projects/pwdtest/postgresql$ git branch
* master

Then I've applied patches 0001-0004 with two warnings:
vpopov@vpopov-Ubuntu:~/Projects/pwdtest/postgresql$ git apply
0001-Add-facility-to-store-multiple-password-verifiers.patch
0001-Add-facility-to-store-multiple-password-verifiers.patch:2547:
trailing whitespace.
warning: 1 line adds whitespace errors.
vpopov@vpopov-Ubuntu:~/Projects/pwdtest/postgresql$ git apply
0002-Introduce-password_protocols.patch
vpopov@vpopov-Ubuntu:~/Projects/pwdtest/postgresql$ git apply
0003-Add-pg_auth_verifiers_sanitize.patch
0003-Add-pg_auth_verifiers_sanitize.patch:87: indent with spaces.    if (!superuser())
warning: 1 line adds whitespace errors.
vpopov@vpopov-Ubuntu:~/Projects/pwdtest/postgresql$ git apply
0004-Remove-password-verifiers-for-unsupported-protocols-.patch
The compilation with option ./configure --enable-debug --enable-nls
--enable-cassert  --enable-tap-tests --with-perl
was successful.
Regression tests and all TAP-tests also passed successfully.

Also I've applied patches 0005-0008 into clean sources directory with no
warnings.
vpopov@vpopov-Ubuntu:~/Projects/pwdtest2/postgresql$ git apply
0005-Move-sha1.c-to-src-common.patch
vpopov@vpopov-Ubuntu:~/Projects/pwdtest2/postgresql$ git apply
0006-Refactor-sendAuthRequest.patch
vpopov@vpopov-Ubuntu:~/Projects/pwdtest2/postgresql$ git apply
0007-Refactor-RandomSalt-to-handle-salts-of-different-len.patch
vpopov@vpopov-Ubuntu:~/Projects/pwdtest2/postgresql$ git apply
0008-Move-encoding-routines-to-src-common.patch
The compilation with option ./configure --enable-debug --enable-nls
--enable-cassert  --enable-tap-tests --with-perl
was successful.
Regression and the TAP-tests also passed successfully.

The patch 0009 depends on all previous patches 0001-0008: first we need
to apply patches 0001-0008, then 0009.
Then, all patches were successfully compiled.
All test passed.

--
Regards,
Valery Popov

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Proposal: "Causal reads" mode for load balancing reads without stale data
От: salvador fandino
Сообщение: Compilation broken when OPTIMIZER_DEBUG is set