Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Respect TEMP_CONFIG when running contrib regression tests.

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Respect TEMP_CONFIG when running contrib regression tests.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 02/27/2016 09:25 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 27, 2016 at 7:08 PM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
>> What I had in mind was something like the attached.
>>
>> In testing this seems to do the right thing, and the nice part is that it
>> will be picked up by the buildfarm in the one case that's relevant, namely
>> the ecpg tests.
>>
>> The only fly in the ointment is that there are a few places that set
>> --temp-config explicitly:
>>
>>     ./contrib/test_decoding/Makefile:        --temp-config
>>     $(top_srcdir)/contrib/test_decoding/logical.conf \
>>     ./contrib/test_decoding/Makefile:        --temp-config
>>     $(top_srcdir)/contrib/test_decoding/logical.conf \
>>     ./src/test/modules/commit_ts/Makefile:REGRESS_OPTS =
>>     --temp-config=$(top_srcdir)/src/test/modules/commit_ts/commit_ts.conf
>>     ./src/test/modules/test_rls_hooks/Makefile:REGRESS_OPTS =
>>
>> --temp-config=$(top_srcdir)/src/test/modules/test_rls_hooks/rls_hooks.conf
>>
>> Perhaps what we need to do is modify pg_regress.c slightly to allow more
>> than one --temp-config argument. But that could be done later.
> Well, I'm pretty interested in using --temp-config for parallelism
> testing; I want to be able to run the whole regression test suite with
> a given --temp-config.  I'm in agreement with this change but if it
> doesn't play well with that need, I suppose I'll be writing that
> pg_regress.c patch sooner rather than later.

"doesn't meet your need" is probably a better way of putting it. The
facility's use has grown beyond what I originally envisaged, so I think
we will need that patch.

Would you like me to apply what I have?

cheers

andrew