Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Respect TEMP_CONFIG when running contrib regression tests.

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Respect TEMP_CONFIG when running contrib regression tests.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 02/26/2016 10:59 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 27, 2016 at 9:00 AM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
>>> Sure.  Saving three lines of Makefile duplication is hardly a
>>> world-shattering event, so I thought there might be some other
>>> purpose.  But I'm not against saving three lines of duplication
>>> either, if it won't break anything.
>> The point is that we should do this for several other test sets as well as
>> contrib - isolation tests, PL tests and ecpg tests.
> OK, I was wondering about that.  I can try to write a patch, or
> someone else can, but if you already understand what needs to be done,
> perhaps you should just go ahead.

What I had in mind was something like the attached.

In testing this seems to do the right thing, and the nice part is that
it will be picked up by the buildfarm in the one case that's relevant,
namely the ecpg tests.

The only fly in the ointment is that there are a few places that set
--temp-config explicitly:

    ./contrib/test_decoding/Makefile:        --temp-config
    $(top_srcdir)/contrib/test_decoding/logical.conf \
    ./contrib/test_decoding/Makefile:        --temp-config
    $(top_srcdir)/contrib/test_decoding/logical.conf \
    ./src/test/modules/commit_ts/Makefile:REGRESS_OPTS =
    --temp-config=$(top_srcdir)/src/test/modules/commit_ts/commit_ts.conf
    ./src/test/modules/test_rls_hooks/Makefile:REGRESS_OPTS =
    --temp-config=$(top_srcdir)/src/test/modules/test_rls_hooks/rls_hooks.conf

Perhaps what we need to do is modify pg_regress.c slightly to allow more
than one --temp-config argument. But that could be done later.

cheers

andrew

Вложения