Re: pg_basebackup - Stale file handle for file under gprof

От Korry Douglas
Тема Re: pg_basebackup - Stale file handle for file under gprof
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Nothing wrong with building your own version, but you'll want to disable profiling in most cases (the profiling code will noticeably hurt performance).  The files in the gprof subdirectory are produced by the profiler.

The error message you see (Stale file handle) suggests that you are using an NFS-mounted filesystem and that someone may have deleted a directory while you were running the backup.  That may be ok, but I personally would not trust a backup that reported an error (especially if you can't explain the error, which I can't).

         -- Korry

I am guilty of compiling the code myself and enabling the profiling. I am new to Postgres and was following the previous DBAs work. I now realize this needs to be off and will look to be recompiling the code again. I am thinking I will create a new software home and point the database there.

Natalie Reno

Sr. Database Administrator

Database Infrastructure Team Lead

BioMedical Informatics