Re: db commands elicit no response

От Fred Parkinson
Тема Re: db commands elicit no response
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Right you are! Somehow copy-paste lost the right-paren, put it back in and away we go!

Thanks for your prompt reply, now I can go back to work.
(I was right it was stupid)

Fred Parkinson
Application Programmer
Association of Bay Area Governments
510-464-7931

>>> On 2/24/2016 at 10:20 AM, "David G. Johnston" <david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wednesday, February 24, 2016, Fred Parkinson <FredP@abag.ca.gov> wrote:

I must be doing something stupid but I can't figure it out.

**I logged into our database server (8.4.17) and did the following:
psql template1 **to get in
CREATE DATABASE planning_services **database created
**logged out of template1
psql planning_services **now in planing_services database with prompt
planning_services(#

This prompt indicates that you are in line-continuation mode. Don't know how you got there but everything you are typing is being added to a command buffer.
create table policies (
"id" serial primary key,
"description" varchar(100)
;

So, you have an open parentheses here but never closed it...which would explain the above.

David J.