Re: plpgsql - DECLARE - cannot to use %TYPE or %ROWTYPE for composite types

От Artur Zakirov
Тема Re: plpgsql - DECLARE - cannot to use %TYPE or %ROWTYPE for composite types
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 21.02.2016 11:31, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am sending updated version - the changes are related to fix comments.

Great.

I am new in reviewing, I think Pavel took into account all comments.
This patch is compiled and regression tests are passed. So I change its
status to "Ready for Committer".

>              By the way, these functions are misnamed after this patch.
>         They are
>              called "wordtype" and "cwordtype" originally because they
>         accept
>              "word%TYPE" and "compositeword%TYPE", but after the patch
>         they not only
>              accept TYPE at the right of the percent sign but also
>         ELEMENTTYPE and
>              ARRAYTYPE.  Not sure that this is something we want to be
>         too strict
>              about.
>

>         Understand - used name ***reftype instead ****type
>

>     I am not sure, but it seems that new names is a little worse. I
>     think original names are good too. They accept a word and return the
>     PLpgSQL_type structure.
>

> The "TYPE" word in this name was related to syntax %TYPE. And because
> new syntax allows more constructs, then the change name is correct. I am
> think. But choosing names is hard work. The new name little bit more
> strongly show relation to work with referenced types.

Agree.

--
Artur Zakirov
Russian Postgres Company