Re: Sanity checking for ./configure options?

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: Sanity checking for ./configure options?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2/23/16 9:37 AM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Jim Nasby wrote:
>>>
>>> That seems like a good idea.
>>
>> Patch attached. I've verified it with --with-pgport=, =0, =77777 and =1. It
>> catches what you'd expect it to.
>
> Does it work to specify port numbers below 1024?

Presumably not if you're trying to open a network port. But I just
checked and if listen_addresses='' then you can use a low port number:

select name,quote_nullable(setting) from pg_settings where name in
('port','listen_addresses');       name       | quote_nullable
(2 rows)

Plus, the GUC check allows 1-1024, so I'm inclined to do the same in the
config check. But I don't have a strong opinion about it.