Re: about google summer of code 2016

От Álvaro Hernández Tortosa
Тема Re: about google summer of code 2016
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
    Hi.
    Oleg and I discussed recently that a really good addition to a GSoC
item would be to study whether it's convenient to have a binary
serialization format for jsonb over the wire. Some argue this should be
benchmarked first. So the scope for this project would be to benchmark
and analyze the potential improvements and then agree on which format
jsonb could be serialized to (apart from the current on-disk format,
there are many json or nested k-v formats that could be used for sending
over the wire).
    I would like to mentor this project with Oleg.
    Thanks,
    Álvaro

--
Álvaro Hernández Tortosa