Re: newbie tries to get oracle db to select from postgresql

От Ray Stell
Тема Re: newbie tries to get oracle db to select from postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc

On 2/18/16 11:48 AM, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> On 02/18/2016 05:56 AM, Ray Stell wrote:
>> Forgive me if this is a misplaced post.
>>
>> I've been requested to get an Oracle 11g db to be able to select from a
>> postgresql 9.4 db and I've never gone here before.  I was reading from
>> here:
>> https://dbaspot.wordpress.com/2013/05/29/how-to-access-postgresql-from-oracle-database/
>>

>> and it says to install odbc rpm on the oracle server:  # yum install
>> postgresql91-odbc  on the oracle server.
>>
>> The one available is older:
>>  > yum info postgresql-odbc.x86_64
>> Loaded plugins: priorities, ulninfo
>> Available Packages
>> Name        : postgresql-odbc
>> Arch        : x86_64
>> Version     : 08.04.0200
>> Release     : 1.el6
>> Size        : 267 k
>> Repo        : ol6_latest
>> Summary     : PostgreSQL ODBC driver
>> URL         : http://psqlodbc.projects.postgresql.org/
>> License     : LGPLv2+
>> Description : This package includes the driver needed for applications
>> to access a
>>              : PostgreSQL system via ODBC (Open Database Connectivity).
>
> I am going to guess you are using Oracle Linux 6, is that correct?

 > cat /etc/oracle-release
Oracle Linux Server release 6.7

> If not what distribution are you using?
>
> Where did you install Postgres from?

compiled from src, 9.4.4, but will patch to 9.4.6 shortly.

The pg server lives on:
 > cat /etc/redhat-release
CentOS release 6.7 (Final)

Thanks for any help on this.
Ray

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: newbie tries to get oracle db to select from postgresql
Сообщение: Re: newbie tries to get oracle db to select from postgresql