Re: Issue with Money field using ODBC to Access database

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Issue with Money field using ODBC to Access database
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
On 02/16/2016 07:41 PM, John Van De Giessen wrote:

> Hi Adrian,
>
> Thank you for the response.
>
> I have re-run the query with logging turned on for both ODBC versions 9.3
> and 9.5
>
> The query code is identical in both cases and again, it succeeds using the
> 9.3 driver and fails using the 9.5 driver.
> The log file for the failed attempt using the new 9.5 driver is attached. I
> am unable to include the log file for the successful attempt using the 9.3
> driver as it is 156MB in size.

Have to believe it is related to this:

https://odbc.postgresql.org/docs/release.html
"
psqlODBC 09.05.0100 Release

12. Send datatype information for query parameters, when known
If a query parameter is bound with a specific SQL type, pass on that
information to the server. This makes the behaviour of queries like
"SELECT '555' > ?" more sensible, where the result depends on whether
the query parameter is interpreted as an integer or a string.
"

As the error shows up after the ResolveOneParam section of the log. It
seems to me the parameter is being set as a float. This will need
confirmation from someone with more knowledge of the internals then I
though. I have NOT Cced the list, as I am not sure how far you want the
information in the log to reach, so you might to send a condensed
version of the above to the list for more eyes to see.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com