Issue with Money field using ODBC to Access database

От John Van De Giessen
Тема Issue with Money field using ODBC to Access database
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc

Hello,

We are using Postgres 9.5 and ODBC ANSI driver version 9.05.01.00

We are receiving the following error message:

ODBC—update on a linked table ‘tblMembers’ failed

ERROR: operator does not exist: money = double precision;

Error while executing the query

This occurs when we attempt to Update a recordset to a table that contains a Money field using either:

1) Dao from within Delphi , or

2) From within Access97 itself

Note that we are not actually updating the Money field or referring to it in any way in the query; We are updating a Text field but the table happens to contain a Money field. (However, the same error occurs if we do attempt to update the money field)

The PostgreSQL Money field maps to a Double in Access.

Note: This is NOT an issue when using the 9.03.xx ODBC driver; In that case it also maps as a double and the same query/recordset update, works perfectly fine.

Regards,

John Van De Giessen

Thyme software