Re: pg_dump fatal error

От Pierre Chevalier Géologue
Тема Re: pg_dump fatal error
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
(still trying to get this thread back on the list... sorry for delay: I
just ignore list messages arriving in my main Inbox...)

Le 14/02/2016 09:04, drum.lucas@gmail.com a écrit :

> Thanks Pierre.
>
> I'm running the PG_DUMP in the local machine and then I'll copy through
> the network...
> It's still copying, but once it's done and all the process has been
> successful I'll let u guys know.

Normally, the pg_dump -s concerning just the structure should be very
fast to run, as well as its restoration.  The other one, the pg_dump -a,
should generate a *much* greater output file, and should be *much*
longer to restore.

So it would be better if you begin to start with the structure: if any
error is present at this stage, it may be faster (if not easier) to
track it properly.

À+
Pierre
Pierre Chevalier
PChGEI: Pierre Chevalier Géologue Et Informaticien
Partenaire DALIBO
     Mesté Duran
     32100 Condom
   Tél+fax  :    09 75 27 45 62
                 06 37 80 33 64
   Émail  :   pierrechevaliergeolCHEZfree.fr
   icq#   :   10432285
   jabber: pierre.chevalier1967@jabber.fr
   http://pierremariechevalier.free.fr/pierre_chevalier_geologue