Re: A PGsendQuery API design for your review

От Joe Abbate
Тема Re: A PGsendQuery API design for your review
Дата
Список psycopg
On 05/02/16 03:02, Karl O. Pinc wrote:
> I did glance at it long ago.  I think then maybe it did not support
> Postgres.  In any case I'd forgotten about it.

It does show its MySQL roots in some places (e.g., SERIAL shown as Auto
Increment), but it has supported PG since at least February 2011
(because I wrote a blog post about it --
https://pyrseas.wordpress.com/2011/02/24/interesting-database-tool-adminer/
)

> I'd prefer to dispense with the whole notion of building
> SQL from a GUI.  Rarely is a single table queried.  Better to go
> straight to the edit window.

It does have an "SQL command" link that takes you to an "edit" window
direcly and you could specify directly, e.g.,

http://localhost/adminer/?pgsql=localhost&username=yourusername&db=yourdbname&ns=public&sql=

> I don't have time to look at this now, and have no
> immediate need either.  It must parse though, since
> php does not have support for PQsendQuery()/PQgetResult()
> as far as I know.
>
> Gotta wonder how it will do with:
>
>   SELECT $;$Hello World.$;$;

It does give a syntax error on that exact statement (just as psql does),
but it returns

   ?column?
$;$Hello World.$;$

if you specify it as

SELECT '$;$Hello World.$;$';

What I'm still amazed at is how adminer manages to present a graphical
schema display.  I haven't looked at phpPgAdmin recently but that (and
its ease of use) won me over, even over pgAdmin.

Note: I'm using Adminer 3.3.3 (which is Debian stretch's default) but
there's a newer version: 4.2.3.

Joe

В списке psycopg по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: A PGsendQuery API design for your review
Сообщение: Re: A PGsendQuery API design for your review