Re: A PGsendQuery API design for your review

От Karl O. Pinc
Тема Re: A PGsendQuery API design for your review
Дата
Список psycopg
On Wed, 03 Feb 2016 15:27:25 -0500
Joe Abbate <jma@freedomcircle.com> wrote:

> On 02/02/16 16:30, Karl O. Pinc wrote:
> > Thanks, but I don't think so.  Those are interactive
> > python shells.  What they want is a web-enabled psql;
> > a SQL shell.

> I haven't played much with your particular problem, but it seems that
> adminer does what you want.  You can SELECT from a table from the left
> panel, then restrict the data that you want using dropdowns, and
> you'll see the generated SQL before the results with an Edit link.
> If you click on that and then add a semicolon and another query, it
> returns two sets of results.

Thanks very much for the link.  Adminer may be very helpful at some
point.

I did glance at it long ago.  I think then maybe it did not support
Postgres.  In any case I'd forgotten about it.

I'd prefer to dispense with the whole notion of building
SQL from a GUI.  Rarely is a single table queried.  Better to go
straight to the edit window.

I don't have time to look at this now, and have no
immediate need either.  It must parse though, since
php does not have support for PQsendQuery()/PQgetResult()
as far as I know.

Gotta wonder how it will do with:

  SELECT $;$Hello World.$;$;

And thanks for help with, and thinking about, my problem.

Regards,

Karl <kop@meme.com>
                 -- Robert A. Heinlein

В списке psycopg по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: A PGsendQuery API design for your review
Сообщение: Re: A PGsendQuery API design for your review