Re: Upgrade from 9.4 -> 9.5, FreeBSD 10.2-STABLE, fails on initdb

От Karl Denninger
Тема Re: Upgrade from 9.4 -> 9.5, FreeBSD 10.2-STABLE, fails on initdb
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On 2/4/2016 12:47, Tom Lane wrote:
I wrote:
Karl Denninger <karl@denninger.net> writes:
$ initdb -D data-default
creating template1 database in data-default/base/1 ... FATAL:  could not
create semaphores: Invalid argument
DETAIL:  Failed system call was semget(2, 17, 03600).
Hmm.  On my Linux box, "man semget" says EINVAL means
       EINVAL nsems  is less than 0 or greater than the limit on the number of             semaphores per semaphore set (SEMMSL), or a semaphore set corre-             sponding  to  key  already  exists, and nsems is larger than the             number of semaphores in that set.
which agrees with the POSIX spec.  Is FreeBSD the same?
BTW, looking at the code, I see that during initdb we would have tried
semaphore key 1 before 2.  So presumably, on key 1 we got an error code
that we recognized as meaning "semaphore set already exists", but then on
key 2 we got EINVAL instead.  That makes this even more curious.  I'd
be interested to see what "ipcs -s" says, if you have that command.
(You might need to run it as root to be sure it will show all sempaphores.)
		regards, tom lane
There was indeed a "2" key out by the web server process; I shut it down and cleared it and the upgrade is now running....

Also filed a kernel bug with the FreeBSD folks against 10.2-STABLE as the man page says you should have gotten back EEXIST.

--
Karl Denninger
karl@denninger.net