Re: Upgrade from 9.4 -> 9.5, FreeBSD 10.2-STABLE, fails on initdb

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Upgrade from 9.4 -> 9.5, FreeBSD 10.2-STABLE, fails on initdb
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I wrote:
> Karl Denninger <karl@denninger.net> writes:
>> $ initdb -D data-default
>> creating template1 database in data-default/base/1 ... FATAL:  could not
>> create semaphores: Invalid argument
>> DETAIL:  Failed system call was semget(2, 17, 03600).

> Hmm.  On my Linux box, "man semget" says EINVAL means

>        EINVAL nsems  is less than 0 or greater than the limit on the number of
>               semaphores per semaphore set (SEMMSL), or a semaphore set corre-
>               sponding  to  key  already  exists, and nsems is larger than the
>               number of semaphores in that set.

> which agrees with the POSIX spec.  Is FreeBSD the same?

BTW, looking at the code, I see that during initdb we would have tried
semaphore key 1 before 2.  So presumably, on key 1 we got an error code
that we recognized as meaning "semaphore set already exists", but then on
key 2 we got EINVAL instead.  That makes this even more curious.  I'd
be interested to see what "ipcs -s" says, if you have that command.
(You might need to run it as root to be sure it will show all sempaphores.)

Сообщение: Re: Upgrade from 9.4 -> 9.5, FreeBSD 10.2-STABLE, fails on initdb
Сообщение: Re: Upgrade from 9.4 -> 9.5, FreeBSD 10.2-STABLE, fails on initdb