Re: psqlODBC crashes upon memory allocation failures

От Inoue, Hiroshi
Тема Re: psqlODBC crashes upon memory allocation failures
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Hi,

On 2016/02/03 1:47, BenS wrote:
> Tsunakawa, Takayuki wrote
>> Hello,
>>
>> As I said here:
>>
>> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/0A3221C70F24FB45833433255569204D1F4DB1CF@G01JPEXMBYT05
>>
>> psqlODBC ignores memory allocation failure in a number of places.  That
>> causes the application crash due to NULL dereference.  Actually, I ran
>> into the crash of my 32-bit application under high load.
>>
>> The attached patch is the fix for it.  I wish this will be included in the
>> upcoming release.
>>

>> Regards, Takayuki Tsunakawa
>>

>> --
>>

>> crash_on_nomem.patch (27K)
>> <http://postgresql.nabble.com/attachment/5884572/0/crash_on_nomem.patch>
> Hello,
>
> i can confirm the crash in msvcr120.dll. It happens no-and-then by trivially
> scrolling forward + backward a result set with psqlodbc-09.05.0100 /
> postgresql30a.dll.
>
> Where i can get a patched version?

I'm suspicious if the patch is effective for your problem.
Do your application run with useDeclareFetch option on?
If so,  the drivers on testing for 9.5.0101 at
http://www.ne.jp/asahi/inocchichichi/entrance/psqlodbc/
have the possibility to fix your problem.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue