Re: BUG #6682: pg_dump and sequence values of serial columns for extension configuration tables

От Philippe BEAUDOIN
Тема Re: BUG #6682: pg_dump and sequence values of serial columns for extension configuration tables
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi Tom,

Here is a final answer to this very old thread, for the record.
You were right (as usual ;-)). It's indeed possible to register a
sequence as a "configuration table" using the pg_extension_config_dump()
function.

>> When a table is registered as an extension configuration table and contains
>> a serial column, the current value of the sequence associated to this serial
>> column is not dumped by pg_dump.
> I think the way to make that happen is to also register the sequence as
> a configuration table of the extension.  It's not clear to me that that
> should happen by default; it would depend a lot on how the extension
> designer intends to manage modifications of the table.
>
>> echo "--> And sequences cannot be registered as 'content to be dumped'"
>> $PGBIN/psql -ac "select
>> pg_catalog.pg_extension_config_dump('tbl1_col1_seq','');"
> This test proves nothing of the kind.  Please read the error message:
> ERROR:  pg_extension_config_dump() can only be called from an SQL script executed by CREATE EXTENSION
> You have to do it in the extension's script.
>
>             regards, tom lane

May be a sentence about this in the documentation would be useful. I
will try to propose something.

Best regards. Philippe Beaudoin.

От: Paul
Сообщение: Re: BUG #13846: INSERT ON CONFLICT consumes sequencers onconflicts
От: Paul Hester
Сообщение: Re: BUG #13846: INSERT ON CONFLICT consumes sequencers on conflicts