Re: Feature freeze progress report

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Feature freeze progress report
Дата
Re: Feature freeze progress report  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
Re: Feature freeze progress report  (Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> Actually, that can happen with the current system. The real blocker there is
> that some people, particularly Tom, work so fast that there's no chance for a
> new reviewer to tackle the easy stuff.  Maybe the real solution is to
> encourage some of our other contributors to get their feet wet with easy
> patches so that they can help with the big ones later on?

Yeah, I hear what you say.  This is particularly a problem for small bug
fixes: I tend to zing small bugs quickly, first because I enjoy finding/
fixing them and second because I worry that they'll fall off the radar
screen if not fixed.  But I am well aware that fixing those sorts of
issues is a great way to learn your way around the code (I think that's
largely how I learned whatever I know about Postgres).  I'd be more
willing to stand aside and let someone else do it if I had confidence
that issues wouldn't get forgotten.  So in a roundabout way we come back
to the idea that we need a bug tracker (NOT a patch tracker), plus
people putting in the effort to make sure it stays a valid source
of up-to-date info.  Without the latter it won't really be useful.

Сообщение: Re: Feature freeze progress report
Сообщение: Re: Feature freeze progress report