Re: [Bizgres-general] WAL bypass for INSERT, UPDATE and

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: [Bizgres-general] WAL bypass for INSERT, UPDATE and
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Simon Riggs said:

> Following Andrew's concerns, I'd also note that ALTER TABLE requires a
> much higher level of privilege to operate than does COPY. That sounds
> like it will make things more secure, but all it does is open up the
> administrative rights, since full ownership rights must be obtained
> merely to load data.

Yeah. And since a role can own a table you could have a role and add lots of
users to it ....

My concern is more about making plain that this is for special operations,
not normal operations. Or maybe I have misunderstood the purpose.

cheers

andrew