Re: [proposal] protocol extension to support loadable stream filters

Список
Период
Сортировка
От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [proposal] protocol extension to support loadable stream filters
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Дерево обсуждения
[proposal] protocol extension to support loadable stream filters  (Brent Verner, )
 Re: [proposal] protocol extension to support loadable stream filters  (Tom Lane, )
  Re: [proposal] protocol extension to support loadable stream filters  (Brent Verner, )
   Re: [proposal] protocol extension to support loadable stream filters  (Tom Lane, )
    Re: [proposal] protocol extension to support loadable stream filters  (Brent Verner, )
 Re: [proposal] protocol extension to support loadable stream filters  (Tom Lane, )
  Re: [proposal] protocol extension to support loadable stream filters  (Brent Verner, )
   Re: [proposal] protocol extension to support loadable stream filters  (Tom Lane, )
    Re: [proposal] protocol extension to support loadable stream filters  (Alvaro Herrera, )
     Re: [proposal] protocol extension to support loadable stream  (Neil Conway, )
Brent Verner <> writes:
>   Now, the hard part...where should this code live?  I'm thinking a
> src/transport directory seems sensible.

Our experience with trying to write single files to serve both server
and client sides has been, um, painful.  I recommend you not try this.
My recommendation would be server-side code in src/backend/libpq/
and client-side code in src/interfaces/libpq/.