Re: [proposal] protocol extension to support loadable stream filters

От Brent Verner
Тема Re: [proposal] protocol extension to support loadable stream filters
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
[2005-04-28 10:00] Tom Lane said:
| Brent Verner <brent@rcfile.org> writes:
| >   Would it be sane to recognize a specific PG_PROTOCOL_MAJOR
| > to enter the filter-negotiation process?  PG_PROTOCOL_MINOR
| > would then be used to lookup and call a ptr to the filter's
| > create() in CreateStreamFilter...
|
| Looks reasonable enough to me ...
 Now, the hard part...where should this code live?  I'm thinking a
src/transport directory seems sensible.
 StreamFilter.[ch] will contain the base StreamFilter along with
various utility functions.  StreamFilter implementations will reside
in their own subdir.
 src/include/transport/StreamFilter.h src/transport/StreamFilter.c src/transport/zlib/... src/transport/ssl/...

Comments/ideas appreciated.

cheers.b

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Implement sharable row-level locks, and use them for foreign key
От: Josh Berkus
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement