Re: Providing catalog view to pg_hba.conf file - Patch submission

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Providing catalog view to pg_hba.conf file - Patch submission
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Fabrízio de Royes Mello <fabriziomello@gmail.com> writes:
> But I'm thinking about this patch and would not be interesting to have a
> FDW to manipulate the hba file? Imagine if we are able to manipulate the
> HBA file using INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE.

Since the HBA file is fundamentally order-dependent, while SQL tables
are fundamentally not, that doesn't seem like a great API match.  You
could probably brute-force something that would work, but it would very
much be a case of using a hammer to solve a screwdriver problem.