Problem with pg_hba.conf

От olologin
Тема Problem with pg_hba.conf
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello folks, i have some weird problem which i cannot solve. I'm trying
to setup PostgreSQL for first time (I've never used it before, and maybe
this question is too newbie, but still):
> root@usersE420:/var/lib/postgresql/9.4/main# sudo -u postgres psql -qt
> postgres=# \l
>  overseer  | overseer | UTF8     | en_US.UTF-8 | en_US.UTF-8 |
>  postgres  | postgres | UTF8     | en_US.UTF-8 | en_US.UTF-8 |
>
> postgres=# \du
>  overseer  |                                                | {}
>  postgres  | Superuser, Create role, Create DB, Replication | {}
>
> postgres=# show hba_file;
>  /etc/postgresql/9.4/main/pg_hba.conf
What pg_hba.conf contains (last lines):
> # Database administrative login by Unix domain socket
> local   all             postgres peer
>
> # TYPE  DATABASE        USER            ADDRESS METHOD
>
> # "local" is for Unix domain socket connections only
> local   all             all md5
> # IPv4 local connections:
> host    all             all             127.0.0.1/32 md5
> # IPv6 local connections:
> #host    all             all             ::1/128 md5
> # Allow replication connections from localhost, by a user with the
> # replication privilege.
> #local   replication     postgres peer
> #host    replication     postgres        127.0.0.1/32 md5
> #host    replication     postgres        ::1/128 md5

After editing of this file i restarted server with:
> root@usersE420:/var/lib/postgresql/9.4/main# /etc/init.d/postgresql
> restart
> [ ok ] Restarting postgresql (via systemctl): postgresql.service.
But still i cannot login into psql with overseer account:
> root@usersE420:/var/lib/postgresql/9.4/main# psql -qt -U overseer
> psql: FATAL:  Peer authentication failed for user "overseer"
> root@usersE420:/var/lib/postgresql/9.4/main# psql -qt -U overseer -W
> Password for user overseer:
> psql: FATAL:  Peer authentication failed for user "overseer"
I'm also confused because i think that it's still tries to use peer
authentication.

Help with this pls, Ubuntu 15.10, PostgreSQL 9.4

От: Alexander Shereshevsky
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] How to drop stats on table
От: John Scalia
Сообщение: Re: Problem with pg_hba.conf