Re: postgres zeroization of dead tuples ? i.e scrubbing dead tuples with sensitive data.

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: postgres zeroization of dead tuples ? i.e scrubbing dead tuples with sensitive data.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 11/18/2015 12:57 PM, Day, David wrote:

> [...]
isa more generic problem of detritus left behind between creations of virtual instances or cross talk on shared
storage.

>> Not sure that is the exact question to ask but hopefully you get a
>> feel for the requirement is  not to  leave any sensitive data laying
>> about for
>>
>> recovery by a hacker,  or at least minimize the places it could be
>> obtained without actually being able to log into postgres or having
>> raw disk access privileges.
>>
>> Thanks for any comments/instruction/links on the matter.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Dave Day
>>

> --
> Adrian Klaver
> adrian.klaver@aklaver.com
>
> In some instances this would be a vm instance on a hosted machine in other cases a actual physical machine.
>
> Thank you all for the feedback.
>

> All good points.  I am not sure what the manner of attack/hack is until I get some further feedback out of the
meetingparticipants.  I suspect it would be to the blocks pages released by postgres following a vacuum full.
> How you determine what those pages blocks were I am not sure but suspect there is probably a way.
> When I get some more detail on the standard and exact requirement I will repost with that info.

Yes, a detailed problem description would be helpful.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: "Day, David"
Сообщение: Re: postgres zeroization of dead tuples ? i.e scrubbing dead tuples with sensitive data.
От: Andrew Sullivan
Сообщение: Re: postgres zeroization of dead tuples ? i.e scrubbing dead tuples with sensitive data.