Re: Re: [pgsql-www] Re: Introducing 2UDA, 2ndQuadrant’s Unified Data Analytics

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Re: [pgsql-www] Re: Introducing 2UDA, 2ndQuadrant’s Unified Data Analytics
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On 11/11/15 3:56 AM, Umair Shahid wrote:
> Thanks Magnus. The software catalogue is aimed at associated software.
> 2UDA is a new distribution of PostgreSQL, aiming to expand and widen the
> number of people interested in downloading PostgreSQL. Given that goal,
> we would like to see 2UDA listed on the downloads page under Core/ 3rd
> Party, not in the catalogue. Can you help?

There is obviously some room for interpretation here.  But I think
something that is listed as a PostgreSQL distribution should track
PostgreSQL releases in schedule and versioning.  For example, I should
be able to see, where is the latest PostgreSQL 9.4 release of this or
that distribution.  I can do that for the listed Live CD and BigSQL
distributions, for example.  However, by that standard, the Bitnami and
Turnkey listings should be removed.  I have no idea without digging very
deep what version of PostgreSQL they are shipping and how they are
updating it.  Just bundling some random version of PostgreSQL with some
other software and setup scripts and calling it MyProduct 1.5 doesn't
make it a PostgreSQL distribution.  There could very well be a need for
a new category in the software catalog called "PostgreSQL integrated
software bundles" or something like that.

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: