Re: PATCH: add "current" version link to docs page

От Amir Rohan
Тема Re: PATCH: add "current" version link to docs page
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On 11/04/2015 11:19 PM, Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
> On 11/04/2015 10:06 PM, Amir Rohan wrote:

>>> Sorry for this taking so long - but I now have applied PATCH 2/2, I
>>> didnt bother applying the fixtures one due to multiple issues (some
>>> preexisting):
>>>
>>> * added hunk in the patch clearly was confused about 9.0 vs 8.0
>>> * random whitespace added to some lines
>>> * the entire current fixture file is kinda outdated wrt the current data
>>> model and needs much bigger rejiggering...
>>>

>>> thanks for the patch!
>>>

>>> Stefan
>>>

>> Just to set things straight:
>>
>> - The trailing space wasn't added, it was copy-pasted from the rest of
>> the file which has it everywhere.
>
> heh - doesnt make it any better :)

Well hopefully you either enforce coding style consistently, or you
don't. which is it? :)

>> - I wasn't confused about 8.0 vs. 9.0, the fixture is simply *that* old.
>> It doesn't matter if the data is "correct" (and it won't be, in a year
>> or 5), but it needs datums that cover the data model or you can't test
>> your changes.
>
> well citing a part of the diff:
> "tree" -> "9.0" and "relnotes" -> "release.html#RELEASE-8-0-21 (as well
> as "latestminor" -> "21" feel completely wrong in that combination :)

The documentation isn't there when you bootstrap the environment anyway,
and latestminor isn't used anywhere in the UI that I've seen, but yes,
that's wrong.

The problem I did find a hinderance was all the missing
fields / value choices which made for blank template renderings.

>> Guess why I was apprehensive about asking for an update and waiting for
>> someone to find the time. :)
>>
>> - Yes, the whole fixture file is really hopelessly out of date and
>> useless for testing, so If you're going to update it with live data
>> , great, but if not please reconsider the patch - I spent about as much
>> time fixing things so I could test my (trivial) change as the change itself.
>
> I'm actually working on a more complete fix to the fixture file now...

Glad to hear it!

Not to jump over you or anything, but the other webapp is in pretty good
shape wrt to getting started (self-contained doc, clear bootstrap
procedure...), ifyou get a chance to bring this one up to par while
you're at it, I would have thanked you a month ago.

If you'll pardon my tense-mixing subjunctive.

Amir

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: