Re: ID column naming convention

От Gavin Flower
Тема Re: ID column naming convention
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 18/10/15 00:13, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 04:59:12PM -0500, Jim Nasby wrote:
>
>> BTW, I found Karsten's idea of using 'pk' for the surrogate key, and
>> fk_table_name interesting. It helps avoid ambiguity from externally
>> generated ID values.
> That's the point :-)
>
> Here's a real live schema using (mostly) the above approach:
>
>     http://www.gnumed.de/~ncq/gnumed/schema/gnumed_v20/
>
> in case anyone is interested in taking a look.
>
> Karsten
Hmm...

Apparently (according to your naming convention) several tables (such as
'clin.substance_intake') have 2 PRIMARY KEYs!!!

I guess you must have a large wall to display the schema on!

Looks like a lot of fun.

Can you tell us more about the database (ignoring nit-picking!)?

Cheers,
Gavin

Сообщение: Re: ID column naming convention
Сообщение: Re: ID column naming convention