Re: Disable or remove 'drop' button on toolbar

От: Nikolai Zhubr
Тема: Re: Disable or remove 'drop' button on toolbar
Дата: ,
Список: pgadmin-support

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Disable or remove 'drop' button on toolbar  (Joseph Marlin, )
 Re: Disable or remove 'drop' button on toolbar  (Colin Beckingham, )
  Re: Disable or remove 'drop' button on toolbar  (Joseph Marlin, )
   Re: Disable or remove 'drop' button on toolbar  (Dave Page, )
    Re: Disable or remove 'drop' button on toolbar  (Stephen Cook, )
     Re: Disable or remove 'drop' button on toolbar  (Colin Beckingham, )
      Re: Disable or remove 'drop' button on toolbar  (Nikolai Zhubr, )
    Re: Disable or remove 'drop' button on toolbar  ("Tabish Naeem", )

Hello all,
12.10.2015 11:27, Colin Beckingham wrote:
[...]
>> I'm also concerned with the "Delete/Drop" right underneath "Disconnect
>> database" in the context menu. The confirmation popup has saved me many
>> times over the years.
>>
>> If it were an option I would disable it. Just my 2 cents...
>>

>> -- Stephen
> While it is quite true that mis-clicks are a possibility (I'm sure we
> have all seen the situation where an overloaded system can't quite keep
> up with screen coordinates and what we think we are clicking is not what
> gets activated) I agree with Dave that the backend protection comes
> first. It might make sense to activate/deactivate buttons in a client
> based on detected backend permissions, but this leaves the client user
> to use whatever role has the permissions required to achieve the
> intended tasks.

Ideally, it might be indeed nice to have a global UI preference setting
for that, named like "Protection against ocasional destructive
mis-clicks" with some levels like "Ask for confirmation before taking
destructive action" and "Disable potentially destructive buttons and
menu items". With a reasonable default chosen, that probably wouldn't
hurt anybody, and might eventually save some :)

Thank you,
Nikolai

В списке pgadmin-support по дате сообщения: