Re: Disable or remove 'drop' button on toolbar

От: Colin Beckingham
Тема: Re: Disable or remove 'drop' button on toolbar
Дата: ,
Список: pgadmin-support

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Disable or remove 'drop' button on toolbar  (Joseph Marlin, )
 Re: Disable or remove 'drop' button on toolbar  (Colin Beckingham, )
  Re: Disable or remove 'drop' button on toolbar  (Joseph Marlin, )
   Re: Disable or remove 'drop' button on toolbar  (Dave Page, )
    Re: Disable or remove 'drop' button on toolbar  (Stephen Cook, )
     Re: Disable or remove 'drop' button on toolbar  (Colin Beckingham, )
      Re: Disable or remove 'drop' button on toolbar  (Nikolai Zhubr, )
    Re: Disable or remove 'drop' button on toolbar  ("Tabish Naeem", )

On 12/10/15 04:09 AM, Stephen Cook wrote:
> On 10/12/2015 3:48 AM, Dave Page wrote:
>> Implementing security at the client level is *never* correct. In this
>> case, the users could just use the query tool if they actually wanted
>> to bypass the missing drop option, or go get another client and
>> connect with that.
> I have superuser rights and sometimes mis-click.
>
> I'm also concerned with the "Delete/Drop" right underneath "Disconnect
> database" in the context menu. The confirmation popup has saved me many
> times over the years.
>
> If it were an option I would disable it. Just my 2 cents...
>

> -- Stephen
While it is quite true that mis-clicks are a possibility (I'm sure we
have all seen the situation where an overloaded system can't quite keep
up with screen coordinates and what we think we are clicking is not what
gets activated) I agree with Dave that the backend protection comes
first. It might make sense to activate/deactivate buttons in a client
based on detected backend permissions, but this leaves the client user
to use whatever role has the permissions required to achieve the
intended tasks.

В списке pgadmin-support по дате сообщения:

От: Nikolai Zhubr
Сообщение: Re: Disable or remove 'drop' button on toolbar
От: Ken Winter
Сообщение: Re: Where is a pgAdmin III server list stored?