Re: streaming rep setup in PCI compliance environment

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: streaming rep setup in PCI compliance environment
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 10/09/2015 05:49 PM, Scott Ribe wrote:
> On Oct 9, 2015, at 10:48 AM, dinesh bhandary <dbhandary@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I am trying to setup streaming rep between master ( which is in PCI tier1 zone) to slave ( PCI tier 2 zone).
However,I am told that PCI tier1 can only initiate connection to lower security zone, in our case slave environment (
PCItier 2). However, for streaming rep to work, slave needs to connect to Master. Does this violate PCI requirement.
Anyonehas experience setting up master-salve in PCI compliance environment?

> I have a simliar situation in which I do not want anything in my replica's zone to be able to initiate connections
intothe data center where the primary is. I have the master set up an SSH reverse tunnel to the slave, and then the
slaveconnects to that tunnel end locally.

You could also just use archiving, hot_standby still works when you do that.

JD

New rule for social situations: "If you think to yourself not even
JD would say this..." Stop and shut your mouth. It's going to be bad.

От: Scott Ribe
Сообщение: Re: streaming rep setup in PCI compliance environment
От: 张文升
Сообщение: Re: Pacemaker dynamic membership