Re: BUG #14932: SELECT DISTINCT val FROM table gets stuck in an infinite loop

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #14932: SELECT DISTINCT val FROM table gets stuck in an infinite loop
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> On January 29, 2018 10:11:38 AM PST, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Since the release wrap is this coming Monday, there's not really time
>> to wait and do something after FOSDEM ...

> I'm not sure what you're arguing for? I have measured the performance impacts, and am happy. That's why I do not want
towait till then.  Doing additional benchmarks after commit can't hurt tho...

I'm arguing for not waiting.  If Tomas does some more benchmarking and
finds something else we can improve, that's fine, but the stop-growing
patch is already an important fix compared to 10.1.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: BUG #14932: SELECT DISTINCT val FROM table gets stuck in an infinite loop
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: BUG #14932: SELECT DISTINCT val FROM table gets stuck in aninfinite loop