Re: BUG #14932: SELECT DISTINCT val FROM table gets stuck in an infinite loop

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: BUG #14932: SELECT DISTINCT val FROM table gets stuck in an infinite loop
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

On January 29, 2018 10:11:38 AM PST, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> writes:
>> On 2018-01-29 14:41:49 +0100, Tomas Vondra wrote:
>>> Do you think repeating the performance testing is necessary? Not
>sure
>>> when do you plan to push the changes, I may not have time for the
>tests
>>> until after FOSDEM.
>
>> Hm, it surely wouldn't hurt, but your previous result does give a lot
>of
>> confidence - there's not a lot of fundamental difference leaving one
>> more mitigation that should never reduce hashtable "quality" aside.
>So
>> I think going ahead with pushing and then benchmarking if possible,
>is
>> reasonable?
>
>Since the release wrap is this coming Monday, there's not really time
>wait and do something after FOSDEM ...

I'm not sure what you're arguing for? I have measured the performance impacts, and am happy. That's why I do not want
towait till then.  Doing additional benchmarks after commit can't hurt tho...

Andres

Andres

Сообщение: Re: BUG #14932: SELECT DISTINCT val FROM table gets stuck in an infinite loop
Сообщение: Re: BUG #14932: SELECT DISTINCT val FROM table gets stuck in aninfinite loop