Re: [Bug Fix] ECPG: could not use set xxx to default statement

От Michael Meskes
Тема Re: [Bug Fix] ECPG: could not use set xxx to default statement
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I wrote:
> > "Higuchi, Daisuke" <higuchi.daisuke@jp.fujitsu.com> writes:
> > > [ missing semicolon in gram.y breaks ecpg parsing of same
> > > construct ]
> > That's pretty nasty.  The fix in gram.y is certainly needed, but
> > I'm
> > unexcited by the regression test additions you propose.  What I
> > really
> > want to know is why a syntax error in gram.y wasn't detected by any
> > of the tools we use,

I'm actually surprised it only shows by one incorrectly working rule
and did not mangle the whole file by combining to rules. I guess that's
because bison now finds the end of the rule somehow even without the
semicolon.

> But it doesn't.  It seems though that our conversion script for
> creating
> preproc.y depends on there being semicolons.

Yes, it does. There has to be a way for the script to find the end of a
rule and I wonder if bison's way can be used in such a simple perl
script too.

> I think we need to fix that script to either cope with missing
> semicolons,
> or at least complain about them.  Too tired to look into how, right
> now.

If we can identify a missing semicolon we probably can also figure out
where it had to be.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes