Re: Master / slave : major update

От Stéphane Schildknecht
Тема Re: Master / slave : major update
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 29/09/2015 17:49, Bertrand wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Currently I use MySQL 5.6 but I plan to migrate to PostgreSQL.
> My application uses two databases : the total volume is 1TBon my hard drives.
>
> I made some tests on PostgreSQL administration but I have a problem with Master
> / Slave.
>
> How to update the cluster master / slave with a very short break time ?
> I tried to update a slave (9.3 => 9.4) and connect it to the master 9.3 but it
> doesn't work.
>
> If I have to stop the master, migrate it to 9.4, start it and repeat these
> steps for the slaves the breaking time is really long.
>
> I thank you in advance.
>
> Bertrand

Hello,

There is, currently no possibility to use streaming replication for 9.3 -> 9.4
upgrade.

You should have a look at pg_upgrade, which may allow you to do a (quite) fast
migration, if using hard link option.
Or use a tool like slony to do 9.3->9.4 replication system, and then switchover.

Best regards,
--
Stéphane Schildknecht
Contact régional PostgreSQL pour l'Europe francophone