Re: No easy way to join discussion in existing thread when not subscribed

От Amir Rohan
Тема Re: No easy way to join discussion in existing thread when not subscribed
Дата
Re: No easy way to join discussion in existing thread when not subscribed  (Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc>)
Список pgsql-www
Magnus,

Please, see attached patch adding a "whole thread[as mbox] link"
to pgarchives, by popular request upthread.

It checks hiddenstatus, but does materialize the entire raw thread
in memory (including attachments) to form the response, which
is unbounded in principle and can be sizable in practice.

Perhaps django can do streaming requests, so we can bound
the memory usage + timeout. It's been a while.

If you'd like changes (hard limits, strip attachments, etc'),
do let me know.

On 09/29/2015 03:51 PM, Stephen Frost wrote:

>>> I have this frustration with mutt. :)  Which is why I'd like an mbox of
>>> just the thread that I want to reply to.

Here you go.

>> I'd be glad to help implement whatever works, if someone points me
>> at the code for the website.
>
> I assume you're referring to the above changes to the archives system,
> not the bug tracker debate, so, the archives code is here:
>
> http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgarchives.git;a=summary
>
> The website code is here:
>
> http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgweb.git;a=summary

I'd be glad to help with the bugtracker too, if things have converged,
I haven't followed that thread closely.

Cheers,
Amir

p.s.

The web archives already support a single-message mbox download.
It's the "raw" view. I didn't realize and... *neither did any of you*
;)

Вложения

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: