Re: Windows crash / abort handling

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Windows crash / abort handling
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 10/5/21 15:30, Andres Freund wrote

> To actually get the crash reports I ended up doing the following on the OS
> level [5]:
>
>     Set-ItemProperty -Path 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AeDebug' -Name 'Debugger' -Value
'\"C:\WindowsKits\10\Debuggers\x64\cdb.exe\" -p %ld -e %ld -g -kqm -c \".lines -e; .symfix+ ;.logappend
c:\cirrus\crashlog.txt; !peb; ~*kP ; .logclose ; q \"' ; `

>     New-ItemProperty -Path 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AeDebug' -Name 'Auto' -Value 1
-PropertyTypeDWord ; `

>     Get-ItemProperty -Path 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AeDebug' -Name Debugger; `
>
> This requires 'cdb' to be present, which is included in the Windows 10 SDK (or
> other OS versions, it doesn't appear to have changed much). Whenever there's
> an unhandled crash, cdb.exe is invoked with the parameters above, which
> appends the crash report to crashlog.txt.
>
> Alternatively we can generate "minidumps" [6], but that doesn't appear to be more
> helpful for CI purposes at least - all we'd do is to create a backtrace using
> the same tool. But it might be helpful for local development, to e.g. analyze
> crashes in more detail.
>
> The above ends up dumping all crashes into a single file, but that can
> probably be improved. But cdb is so gnarly that I wanted to stop looking once
> I got this far...
>

> Andrew, I wonder if something like this could make sense for windows BF animals?

Very possibly. I wonder how well it will work on machines where I have
more than one animal .e.g. lorikeet (cygwin) jacana (msys) and bowerbird
(MSVC) are all on the same machine. Likewise drongo (MSVC) and fairywren
(msys2).

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan
EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: pg_upgrade verbosity when redirecting output to log file
От: Ronan Dunklau
Сообщение: Matching domains-over-enums to anyenum types