Re: string not equal query, postgresql 9.4.4

От John Scalia
Тема Re: string not equal query, postgresql 9.4.4
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 9/17/2015 6:49 PM, David G. Johnston wrote:
On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 6:18 PM, John Scalia <jayknowsunix@gmail.com> wrote:

SELECT * FROM results where result <> 'PASS';

and it produced all the rows, not just the ones beginning with visc60 that I expected. Based on what you had written, I should have seen the correct output. So, any ideas?

​ EXPLAIN ANALYZE SELECT * FROM results WHERE result <> 'PASS';

What happens when you run the following?  Do you see the same incorrect behavior?

WITH vals (v) AS (
VALUES ('PASS'::char(4)), ('FAIL'::char(4))
)
SELECT
​ DISTINCT ​
*
FROM vals
WHERE v <> 'PASS'::char(4);

David J.​

I tried your code above, and some additional queries prior to your message arriving, and I see now why I'm still getting multiple row beyond my original expecting. Carefully looking at the rows being produced showed that each instrument is performing a powerup test and all those passed. I guess I was just expecting too much from distinct and I understand why. I just need to add a second where clause if I can figure out how to make the powerup test clearly indicated as such in the table.

Thanks for everyone's help, I should have examined the automated data collection more closely.
--
Jay

Сообщение: Re: string not equal query, postgresql 9.4.4
Сообщение: Re: string not equal query, postgresql 9.4.4