Re: Strange TRIGGER failure with FOR ... IN ... LOOP ... INSERT

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Strange TRIGGER failure with FOR ... IN ... LOOP ... INSERT
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 08/27/2015 06:33 AM, Christopher BROWN wrote:
> Hello Adrian,
>
> Yep, Charles' explanation helped me understand what was going on.
> Before that, I was as confused as you were (in your first reply) about
> how access_mode could be NULL (with the same reasoning).  In any case,
> thanks for your links ; I did try searching the web for the answer
> before posting, but got too many irrelevant results given that I had to
> search using very common terms.

Yeah, I did not get Charles's second post until I sent my second, so it
was redundant.

> I've concluded the the RECORD type is the best-fit for my approach.  I
> don't know if it's any faster that using SELECT * with a specific
> %ROWTYPE given that the data doesn't go anywhere outside the function
> body.  I don't know if the order in which columns are returned (by
> either SELECT * or using explicit column names matters when using
> %ROWTYPE), although I'll assume that PostgreSQL is smart enough to match
> things up correctly, if I need to write a function that returns
> instances of any given %ROWTYPE in the future.

I don't know, I have always just used SELECT * as I needed all the
columns anyway.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: Strange TRIGGER failure with FOR ... IN ... LOOP ... INSERT
Сообщение: Re: Strange TRIGGER failure with FOR ... IN ... LOOP ... INSERT