Re: Strange TRIGGER failure with FOR ... IN ... LOOP ... INSERT

От Charles Clavadetscher
Тема Re: Strange TRIGGER failure with FOR ... IN ... LOOP ... INSERT
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi

It is probably a matter of taste, more than best practices. I find the variant with RECORD better, because you only
searchfor the fields that you need. In this case it may make a little difference, but if you happen to have a table
withmany more columns, it would be a waste of resources, unless, as in Adrian's case, you do need all the fields. While
usinga rowtype then SELECT * is guaranteed, IMHO, to return that record's fields in the correct order. Listing the
fieldsexplicitly, as you already noticed, could lead to a maintenance nightmare if anything changes in the table
structure.In both cases you are still not safe against, e.g. changes of column names. But I guess that this is not an
issueso far.

Bye
Charles

Сообщение: Re: Strange TRIGGER failure with FOR ... IN ... LOOP ... INSERT
Сообщение: Re: Strange TRIGGER failure with FOR ... IN ... LOOP ... INSERT