Re: Problem with pl/python procedure connecting to the internet

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Problem with pl/python procedure connecting to the internet
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 08/21/2015 08:38 AM, Igor Sosa Mayor wrote:
> Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> writes:
>
>> Are you talking about getting data into the procedure, or out of it,
>> or both?
>
> [...]
> (I reduce your email only to this question in order to be clearer; sorry
> for this).
>
> thanks for your answer.
>
> To your questions: my setup is very easy and primitive:
> 1. postgres is in my laptop; I'm the only user and I will be the only
>     user of the system;
> 2. the script is also in my laptop;
> 3. the only thing which connects to the internet is the plpython I
>     wrote: it gets coordinates from Openstreetmap. The code I'm using is
>     the following: http://pastie.org/10366558
>
> Then a trigger uses this code to insert the coordinates in a table.
> Maybe I'm doing something wrong...

Does the code work reliably outside Postgres?
It seems you are reliant on the availability of the OpenStreetMap
service and its ability to provide a timely response.

So what exactly is the trigger event, INSERT, UPDATE, both?

Is it absolutely necessary that this happen in a trigger?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com