Re: vacuum freeze performance, wraparound issues

От Natalie Wenz
Тема Re: vacuum freeze performance, wraparound issues
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Yes, absolutely! We would dump and reload all of our large databases in a heartbeat if there were an option for a
64-bitxid!

Another quick question: When this database took itself offline to avoid transaction id wraparound, we opted for a
vacuumfreeze in single-user mode. Was that the right choice? In other words, what is the fastest way to get a database
backonline when this occurs? Maybe a plain vacuum would have been better?

Thanks!
Natalie