Postgresql 9.4.4 - ERROR: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0x92

От Prasanth Reddy
Тема Postgresql 9.4.4 - ERROR: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0x92
Дата
Re: Postgresql 9.4.4 - ERROR: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0x92  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: Postgresql 9.4.4 - ERROR: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0x92  (Prasanth Reddy <dbadmin@nqadmin.com>)
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

I have posted a question about this same issue on JDBC thinking it is a driver issue. I was told this error is
generatedby the back-end itself rather than by the driver so posting the question in
admin forum. See discussion on this here http://www.postgresql.org/list/pgsql-jdbc/since/201508080000/

I am currently running 9.1.9 and trying to upgrade to 9.4. I have done a dump and restore, when I start my java
applicationI am getting the below error. The server uses SQL_ASCII encoding and the
client encoding is UTF8. There are some invalid characters in the database but this has not caused a problem in the
currentversion or 9.3 (tried a restore in 9.3 and the application works fine).

 ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0x92
 STATEMENT:  SELECT * FROM client_data WHERE status_code = 0 ORDER BY client_name, description

org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0x92
>     at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.receiveErrorResponse(QueryExecutorImpl.java:2270)
>     at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1998)
>     at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.java:255)
>     at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:570)
>     at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeWithFlags(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:420)
>     at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeQuery(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:305)
>     at com.sun.rowset.JdbcRowSetImpl.execute(JdbcRowSetImpl.java:567)

Same error with postgresql-9.4-1201.jdbc4.jar & postgresql-9.1-902.jdbc4.jar.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Prasanth